To find out about upcoming special events look at https://ianvisits.co.uk
In no particular order:
- The Four o’clock inspection
Much less rammed than the Changing of the Guard, this time with the Household Cavalry. Red capes are Lifeguards and Blue capes are Blues and Royals.
- Changing the Guard
Very busy in summer
- Sky Garden: https://skygarden.london/booking
Free access to a tall building with a garden at the top. Has to be booked in advance and you need to know the names of adults
- NEW: 120 Fenchurch Street Roof Garden
Huge, spectacular and free to visit on the 16th floor. It opened on 15-Feb-2019 and is awesome. Not been tried with groups yet so probably best to contact them.
- London Canal Museum
- More London, The Scoop
Watch something free at The Scoop. Summer entertainment program.
- Ride on a Thames Clipper
Fast ferry, once they get East of Tower Bridge they go like stink down the river.
- Old Operating Theater Museum
Plenty of thinks to make men and women go cross legged. pre-dates anesthetics and antiseptics
- Museum of London
Largest museum in the world dedicated to a single city, free entry apart to vast majority of the museum
- National Gallery
For Cubs and Beavers, read a couple of the “Katie” books as some of the paintings featured are in the gallery (Katie has adventures climbing into the pictures).
- National Portrait Gallery
- Street entertainers at Covent Garden
Excellent free entertainment with members of the audience roped into help. Great fun and make sure you tip the entertainers.
- Street Entertainers on the South Bank
Same as Covent Garden.
- London Eye
- Natural History Museum
- Science Museum
- Victoria and Albert Museum
- Fashion and Textile Museum
- Museum of Docklands
- The Monument
- Tower Bridge
- Bank of England Museum
Free entry and you get to hold a real gold bar. Open Monday to Friday and special weekend openings during school holidays – check
- Imperial War Museum
- HMS Belfast
- Golden Hinde
- Roman Amphitheater
- City of London Art Gallery
- City of London Police Museum
- Welcome Collection
- Sewing Machine Museum
Yes, there really is one
- National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
- The Painted Hall, Greenwich
- Organise a visit to Westminster Hall through your MP
- Greenwich Observatory
- St Paul’s Cathedral
Climb to the top, charge to get in
- St Magnus the Martyr Church
See the model of Old London Bridge. Restricted opening hours
- Tower Bridge
- Buckingham Palace
- Brunel Museum, Rotherhithe
- London Mithraeum, City of London
Free entry to a Roman Temple near Canon Street Station.Group tickets need to be booked in advance. https://www.londonmithraeum.com/